Sunday, October 12, 2014

Yes, Another Floral Card!

I am back from my bout of pneumonia. It made me incredibly tired and worn out.  It hasn't gone away totally, but I have to ignore it and get a life.  So here I am hoping to make your visit a pleasant one.

This card was inspired by a card that was posted by my upline.  Sara is incredibly talented and I want to steal all her ideas.  This posting and the one that will follow this are both based on her designs.

This card starts out with a base card of Oatmeal Cookie card stock (CS-0023), next layer is Dark Roast ( CS-0091) and the final layer is Whip Cream (CS-0040.) 

For the background, I created a mat using a post it note cut to conform to the shape of the cushion on the flower stamp then stamped the background with the Hexagon Print  background stamp (SS-0046) using Oatmeal Cookie ink (IP-0011.)  I love our inks.   I then stamped a saying which came from stamp set Ampersand Notes, SS-0137.

My major image came from stamp set, Floral Notes (SS-0037.)  I really get a lot of use out of this stamp set.  It is no surprise since I love floral stamps.  I stamped it using Black Licorice ink (IP-0041) then colored it using nonFSJ colored pencils. 

That finishes today's card.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment