Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Side Step Card

The side step card was a challenge on ScorPalPals yahoo group. If there is a tutorial on how to make a card using my Scor-Pal, I am right there ready to make it. I absolutely adore my Scor-Pal. TAC carries it. It is item # F-358 and retails for $43.95. I have the Scor-It and I thought that was great but there is no comparison between the two at all. As a matter of fact, I should probably sell my Scor-It.
Anyway, the card is 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".
You first cut your line. Turn your card vertically and at the two inch mark, cut a line from 2 1/8" to 7 1/2" then place the card horizontally with the cut more towards the bottom. You then score at 2 1/8", score the entire way down past the cut at the 4 1/4" mark, next you need to score at 5 3/8" and only to the cut line. Since there is no mark there but there is one at 6 3/8", move your card over to the right by 1". This will give you the score at 5 3/8". Put your card back to the far left and score at 6 1/2" and 7 1/2". Now fold the score lines. On the step side beginning at the front, fold mountain, valley, mountain, valley then Mountain. On the side piece. fold as a Mountain fold. Then you are all ready to decorate. I chose Karen Foster's Purple marble Designer paper for the background. Then I took light purple from the DCWV purple combo - non textured pack you buy at Michael's or Jo-Ann's and punched it using the scallop edger punch with the holes from SU.
The image is an iris from PSX' botanical stamps. They are no longer in business to my knowledge. I went around the edge with a Spica glitter pen.
It was fun and I hope you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment