Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Violet, Green and Orange Swap


Today I have a couple of swaps that I will post for you. These are for Inkyfunstampers.




This one really surprised me. I couldn't imagine these colors together but what the heck! That is why I am doing swaps. I want to get outside my comfort zone. Oh Boy!!




The image is from a retired TAC set called Pansies. They happen to be my favorite flower. (Along with roses and frangipani.). For the orange, I used the Pansy stamp with versamark to break up the brightness. For the image itself I used prismacolor pencils, Gamsol and spica glitter pens. I then cut it out and added to a paint sample from Home Depot.




It still looked too blah so I needed something. Ribbon didn't work nor did brads. But what a difference when I added the TAC buttons. I was happy that it came out well enough that I could send it to some one.




2 comments:

  1. Orange and purple me in an autumn mood...very good combinations to help us out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting. It sure made me think I should go to that site that has the weird combinations. I think I have it bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete